Can baby massage help baby to sleep better?
The answer is YES!
Infants who are regularly massaged by their parents before bed tend to:
- fall asleep faster,
- sleep more deeply,
- and stay asleep longer.
- Massage boosts the production of melatonin – the hormone which tells the brain to “slow down” and to prepare to sleep.
- It helps to get the circadian rhythms on track – natural cycles that tell the body to sleep at night and be active throughout the day.
- Massaged babies tend to be more relaxed and content.
- Massage can relieve digestive issues such as colic, gas and constipation that often prevent them from sleeping.
- Massage improves attachment & bonding which eases the stress of separation anxiety which can contribute to baby resisting sleep.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of baby massage, there loads more information on our website.
Photo credit: don delfin espino on unsplash