Yip, it’s not just your own mum you need to think about now 😉
So where to start? Well, it’s quite simple really (yet important), especially when it’s Mum’s first Mother’s Day! You don’t have to go out and buy expensive gifts, just show her that she is appreciated.
I can’t speak for all Mums but after speaking to a few, if you do the first 6 of these at the very least, you’ll be in the good books for sure:
- A nice thoughtful card to show how much she is appreciated
- A lie in – even if it’s just an extra couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep
- A nice clean house and a chore-free day
- Time to have a relaxing shower/bath and get changed in peace
- A nice breakfast – including the ability to finish a cuppa whilst it’s still hot
- A family meal – that she doesn’t have to cook!
- Perhaps a family activity – but one that she doesn’t have to plan or organise anything for
- If she likes a bit of pampering, you could always book her in for a massage or get her nails or hair done (assuming places are still open!)
PS If you’re a mum reading this, you may wish to forward this on to the other half as a gentle reminder! 😂
PPS Mums, if you think I have forgotten anything, let me know in the comments below and I’ll add it to the list 😉